Crieff is a bustling country town set amidst magnificent Perthshire scenery.
Crieff is a bustling country town set amidst magnificent Perthshire scenery. Situated 18 miles west of Perth, Crieff straddles the Highland Boundary Fault where the rolling Lowland landscape meets majestic Highland terrain.
Throughout medieval times the town was a major political and judicial centre that developed into the main cattle trading centre in Scotland between the 16th and 18th centuries. Drovers, and up to 30,000 black cattle, would converge on the huge livestock market.
The West Lodge Estate offer luxury lodges with hot tubs, the perfect staycation holiday. Our holiday park is open 24/7 all year.
Crieff town centre is a classic traditional Scots market town supporting a wide range of family run businesses offering the best of food and drink, clothing, gifts, crafts and arts. Over the past years Crieff has built a reputation for fine food with an amazing choice of cafés, coffee shops, restaurants for fine or casual dining.
THINGS TO DO & PLACES TO SEE
- DRUMMOND GARDENS: First laid out in the 17th century, and replanted in the 1950’s which currently preserve features such as the ancient yew hedges and the copper beech trees planted by Queen Victoria to commemorate her visit in 1842. Drummond gardens are some of Scotland’s most important formal gardens and are among some of the finest in Europe.
- CRIEFF GOLF CLUB, 18 HOLE FERNTOWER COURSE: Crieff Golf Club is rated as one of Scotland’s top inland courses. Surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside, in the heart of golfing Perthshire, it provides a feeling of escape as well as spectacular views. Built on gently sloping parkland, the courses provide excellent playing conditions and our friendly reception to visitors led to the club being voted as one of the top UK golf courses by readers of Golf World magazine.
- CRIEFF GOLF CLUB, 9 HOLE DORNOCK COURSE: The Dornock course is appropriate for experienced golfers who need a shorter round due to time restraints, it is also the ideal starting point for golfers who are newly starting out in the game. Finally, the course proves most popular with families and youngsters, with it being just the right size to involve not too much walking – it allows for a more relaxed family game. Our pro shop has adult clubs available to hire and we have junior clubs which are free to use.
- 7ECOSSE: 7 Ecosse was established by Guy Halley and is conveniently based in Crieff, right in the heart of Scotland. They offer bespoke packages and various different routes for you to enjoy the perfect day trip behind the wheel of their stunning Caterham Supersport cars.
- CRIEFF HYDRO SPA: Fancy submerging yourself into two whole hours of peaceful bliss? The Victorian Spa at Crieff Hydro is the perfect spot. The adult-only spa pool, complete with sauna, steam room and spa bath is the most peaceful place on the resort. Kick back in your robe, enjoy some hydrating drinks and fruit, and let life’s troubles float away.
- CRIEFF HYDRO RIDING CENTRE: From beginner horse riding lessons to hacks for experienced riders, Crieff Hydro Riding Centre welcomes horse riding enthusiasts of all ages and abilities. Whether it’s your first time in the saddle or if you’re looking to refresh your equestrian skills, our qualified instructors are on hand to help.
- THE GLENTURRET DISTILLERY: The Glenturret Distillery is Scotland’s oldest working distillery and welcomes visitors for excellent Distillery tours giving an up-close view on traditional whisky making. The Glenturret gift shop offers a fantastic range of single malts that make fine gifts for family, friends … or even to treat yourself.
- CRIEFF VISITOR CENTRE: There really is something for everyone at Crieff Visitor Centre. A warm welcome, great food, fantastic gifts, viewing area for the Caithness Glass Factory and a Garden Centre packed with great ideas and plants for the garden as well as the Drovers exhibition.
- THE CRIEFF FOOD COMPANY: The Crieff Food Company is a Farm Shop not on a farm but located in the heart of Crieff’s bustling High Street.
- THE SPENCE GALLERY: A welcoming art gallery in King Street, Crieff, perpendicular to the main square. Exhibits everything from original art and limited editions to open prints. Something to make you marvel….something to remember Scotland by…. something to make you smile! The Spence Gallery has been set up to show off artistic talent from all over Scotland. The gallery welcomes dogs, accompanying their friendly owners!
PLACES TO EAT & DRINK
- CRIEFF VISITOR CENTRE – DROVER’S RESTAURANT: The Drovers Restaurant, situated within the Crieff Visitor Centre, is delighted to have been awarded VisitScotland’s Taste Our Best accreditation in recognition of our sourcing policy and the quality of the food and drink that we provide. The menu offers a wide range of tasty hot meals including traditional classics such as Haggis, Neeps and Tatties, Chef’s Steak Pie and Breaded Haddock and Chips. We also have a selection of freshly made to order Sandwiches, Paninis and Toasties, as well as a wonderful variety of cakes, tray bakes and scones to complement our speciality teas and coffees. Our homemade soups and main meals are prepared daily in the kitchen. Gluten free options available.
- THE GLENTURRET: The Glenturret restaurant is due to re-open in Spring 2021 following a stunning makeover. We very much look forward to welcoming you to enjoy some wonderful Scottish hospitality in our exciting new surroundings.
- CAMPBELL’S BAKERY: Established in 1830, Campbell’s Bakery is one of Scotland’s oldest bakeries. Seventh generation master baker, Iain Campbell, is highly regarded within the British baking industry, winning awards for his baking as well as training two of his apprentice bakers to win Young Scottish Baker of the Year in 2009 and 2014.
- THE QUAICH: A family run popular little bar, kitchen and coffee house slap-bang in the middle of the high street of Crieff. Providing a warm welcoming space in which you can enjoy drinks, hearty food with a flavour of Scotland, great coffee and cake, and a large selection of Malt Whiskies, Real Ales and Craft Brews.
- THE TOWER & GASTRO PUB: The Tower is a family run Gastro Pub in the centre of Crieff; It’s perfect blend of city chic and country tradition creates a cosy yet lively atmosphere attracting families, celebrations, quiet dinner dates, after work drinks, and girls’ nights – a bottle of fine wine, a few tapas and of course great company.
- DELIVINO: Stocking only the finest quality European foods, wine and coffees, DELIVINO is a delicatessen and wine cafe situated in the beautiful town of Crieff. Here you will find everything from artisanal cheeses to Italian charcuterie, marinated olives to homemade antipasto dishes. Their cafe offers a wide range of pizza, salads, bruschetta and pasta dishes served with ingredients straight from the deli.